Okra, which is also known as ladies fingers, is a common vegetable that is loaded with various health benefits and magical nutrients. The goodness of okra for our health is innumerable in short and the amazing proficiency of this product on health is increasing itself day by day.
It could revamp our several organs, cure various health disorders, strengthen immune power, and fight thousands of bad signs of health at once.
That’s why; the regular consumption of okra through our daily diet could heal plentiful diseases naturally! Let’s check out the outstanding the effectivity of this green veggie in the curing process of several dangerous illnesses in this article below along with its using methods-
Health Benefits of Okra for Home Remedies
1. Okra for Hair:
Okra plays a mesmerizing role to detangle your knots and make them glossier naturally. This slim vegetable contains a slimy component named Mucilage which works spectacularly in the nourishment of hair.
In addition, the existence of vitamin A, C, zinc, folic acid biotin, etc. good nutrients helps to make our hair healthier and nourished effortlessly. The beneficial nutrients found in okra aid to make a wonderful natural conditioner simply. Let’s find out the making process now-
- At first, boil some okra slices into 400-500 ml purified water for 15-30 minutes.
- You can turn off the heat anytime in between this duration, but remember that the boiling time depends on the consistency you want for your conditioner. As in, boil minimum if you want a thin live-in type conditioner at the end, but boil to the extreme if you want a thick consistency for rinsing out!
- After turning off the heat let the solution cool down properly and then strain well.
- Now, add 1 tbsp of raw honey and aloe vera juice into your okra solution and stir them well.
- Then, apply this solution to your hair and wait for 5 minutes to work it naturally.
- After that duration, wash it off or leave it as a live-in conditioner and pat your hair dry gently.
2. Okra for Diabetes:
One of the most incredible goodness of okra is the amazing effect of this green veggie on lowering high blood pressure. The richness of vitamin A, B, and C, along with some highly beneficial minerals like zinc, folic acid, potassium, calcium, dietary fiber, etc. help to reduce the diabetes level naturally and prevent triggering the sugar spikes in our blood naturally.
The high affectivity of okra shows its optimistic consequences on the normal type of diabetes as well as gestational diabetes with equal supremacy. For the body to its seeds, the entire portions of an okra help to reduce the diabetes level naturally. Let’s find out how to consume okra for lowering diabetes level from our body-
- At first, take 3-4 pods of freshly harvested okra and wash them thoroughly.
- Now, cut off the tips and then, slice the rest pod into thin strips.
- Then, soak those pieces into one glass of purified water overnight.
- On the next day morning, take out the okra strips after squeezing the slices and pour the water into a clear cup or glass.
- Now, all you need is just drink this solution on an empty stomach and follow this method regularly for more than one month uninterruptedly.
3. Okra for Kidney Stone:
This green vegetable also plays a key role in the curing process of kidney stones. The richness of healthy minerals like magnesium, thiamin, riboflavin, iron, and calcium, along with the certain amount of vitamin A and C aid of this vegetable helps to be a beneficial component in the reduction of kidney stone naturally.
Also, the affluence of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties found in okra eliminate all the body toxins or bile acids effortlessly. This way, okra averts from the crystallization of body junks and easily reduces the possibility of having kidney stones naturally!
Prepare the okra-water as we motioned in our above topic and drink it on an empty stomach daily to get its benefits on kidney stones.
4. Okra for Acne:
Girls will be delighted to know that the goodness of okra could benefit us in the curing process of acne as well. The high mineral content of okra along with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties nourish our skin cells and eliminate all the toxins that initiate acne on our skin surface.
The affluence of advantageous vitamins also helps to break down the acne that has already taken place on your face and wipe it out with all its bad marks. Let’s find out how to use okra in this eliminating process of acne from our skin surface-
- At first, wash one okra pod clearly and then cut out the tip with a sharp knife.
- Now, cut the entire pod into small slices and add them to ½ cup of boiling water.
- Let it boil for 6-8 minutes and then turn the heat off.
- After that, stir the boiled okra slices into the solution smoothly with the help of a fork and let it cool down properly.
- Once the solution cools down adequately, apply the paste on your acne-prone areas or the entire face with an even layer.
- Wait for 8-10 minutes and then, rinse it off with lukewarm
5. Okra for Fertility:
Okra can lend a hand to revamp your sexual life by improving the fertility in you naturally. This vegetable is a great source of zinc along with a few good nutrients which increase the ability of libido in women and escalate the sexual internet in both men & women noticeably.
The optimistic effect of okra makes this veggie one of the must-included items for those, who are trying to conceive shortly. However, some people think that this green veggie contains polyphonic compounds that initiate infertility in some people, though there is medical proof for such an allegation!
To increase fertility in women, simply soak some okra slices in one cup of water overnight, drink the solution the next day morning and follow the routine regularly. To increase the fertility in men follow this applying method below-
- Wash and chop some freshly harvested okra pods with a sharp knife first.
- Now, add ½ tsp of low-fat butter into a skillet and wait till it warm enough.
- After that, add those slices into the butter and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- After that, turn off the heat and eat when it cools down a little.
- You can also make dust of dry okra seeds and take them with one glass of milk to get the same optimistic result on the men’s fertility.
6. Okra for Cholesterol:
Okra is capable of the reduction of cholesterol naturally. The richness of potassium and calcium minerals in ladies’ fingers leave a positive impact on the lowering process of bad cholesterol from our blood effortlessly. Also, the high fiber content of this vegetable regulates the digestive system more powerfully and forces it to lower the LDL cholesterol level normally.
The small amount of fat found in okra also helps to reduce the triglyceride level in our body as well. The affluence of vitamin C also lends a hand in this attempt of cholesterol-lowering procedure effectively. Simply increase the intake of okra through your regular food and daily recipes to get its benefits on your bad cholesterol level.
7. Okra for Piles:
Piles mostly occur because of constipation problems and could be cured with some high-fiber foods. As okra is loaded with fiber nutrients, it absorbs plenty of water easily and helps to produce the bulk of stool swiftly.
This slim vegetable also boosts our intestine and regularizes the bowel movement naturally that not only clears the signs of constipation but at the same time, avert the formation of hemorrhoids, which solves the pile’s crisis naturally. Let’s see how to include okra in your daily diet to normalize the pile’s trouble innately-
- Bring some fresh and tender okra from the market or harvest them in your own backyard if you have one.
- Now, cut out the ends and tips of each pod sharply and then wash them off clearly with normal water.
- After wiping the excess water from the skin of your okra pieces cut them into thin slices.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and add one finely chopped onion along with some green chilies into it.
- When the onion slices turn light brown, add the okra slices and fry until they turn golden born with a small amount of salt.
- Now, you can eat them with your favorite main meal or use them as a tasty salad dressing in your regular salad.
8. Okra for Constipation:
The richness of soluble fiber found in okra strengthens the gastrointestinal tract proficiently by instigating the good bacteria in our body naturally. When okra offers a high percentage of water with heavy fiber, it regularizes the bowel movement and helps to produce immensity in your stool without any extra effort.
The best part of using okra in the solving process of constipation is that this veggie forces your system to create its own vitamin B complex in your body that not only help to normalize stool but, also work for the healing process of irritable bowel, soothe the inflammation of ulcer, and standardize the gastrointestinal tract by resolving gastric problem efficiently.
Try to cook your okra in low flame to use it as an anti-constipation supplement effortlessly. Okra-tomato-onion fry sautés in coconut oil would be a brilliant choice to include in this endeavor.
9. Okra for Uric Acid:
Though okra brings health numerous benefits and solve various health disorders effectively, yet there is some health issue which could get triggered by this tasty and beneficial vegetable, and the uric acid problem is one of them.
Despite the existence of various nutrients and fiber content, this okra could increase the level of uric acid in our body because of the richness of the oxalate component.
According to modern-age health experts, our body is completely capable of digesting a certain quantity of oxalate compound; thus, you can consume a little amount of okra regularly, if you are not suffering from the high uric acid problem already!
However, we will recommend you avoid the daily consumption of okra, if you want to control the increasing level of uric acid in your body.
10. Okra for Gastric:
Okra is a boon in treating stomach disorders spectacularly, whether it is gastric, ulcer, or bloating problem. The high amount of vitamin B complex like niacin, B-6, thiamine, folic acid, etc. boosts our intestinal tract, prevents us from storing any gastric acid inside our stomach, and normalizes the functioning of the gastrointestinal system that eliminates every probability of gastric attack from our stomach naturally.
Okra curry recipes are much effective in such matter of combating gastric signs proficiently. Let’s see how to prepare this type of curry easily-
- At first, cut out the ends of okra pods and wash them thoroughly with cool water.
- Then, cut the out into thick slices with 1-inch
- Finely chop one medium-size onion and one tomato into small cubes.
- Now, add 1 tbsp of refined oil into a skillet and let it warm up enough.
- Then, add the chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- After that, add the tomato pieces and sauté for 2 minutes frequently.
- Then, add the okra slices and keep frying for 5 minutes continuously.
- Now, add salt, black pepper, chili powder, and turmeric powder all in 1 tsp quantity and sauté until for 2 minutes again.
- Finally, add 1 cup of warm water, stir the whole thing once and cover it properly.
- After a gap of 8-10 minutes takes off the cover, turn the heat off it the water is dried out completely, and serve as desired.
11. Okra for Arthritis or Joint Pain:
One of the mentionable health benefits of okra is that it has a tremendously positive impact on the pain and inflammation of bones and joints, that’s why it is considered one of the best home remedies for arthritis of all time!
This vegetable helps to circulate beneficial fluid to the joints of our body that strengthen the joints and reduce the pain effectively. Also, the anti-inflammatory properties of okra soothe the inflammation in our joints swiftly and the slimy texture aids to diminish the stiffness of our bones smoothly. Let’s check how to use okra in this attempt-
- Wash and cut some okra pods into thin slices after taking away their ends.
- Now, place them into a mug and fill the mug with some filtered warm water.
- Let it sit there for an overnight this way by covering the open portion with a tight cover.
- On the next day morning, strain the solution with a strainer and drink on an empty stomach directly.
12. Okra for Leaky Gut:
Leaky gut is another typical problem that could be cured with the goodness of okra easily. This is basically the gastrointestinal hyperpermeability that is known as leaky gut in short.
The richness of anti-inflammatory compounds of okra soothe the inflammation of brain tissues wonderfully in the leaky gut, while the other medicinal properties found in this veggie get us relief from depression, anxiety, gastric, bloating, cramping, and every single gastrointestinal disorder effectively.
The goodness of okra strengthens the mucosal barrier, which is basically the gut barrier and this way keeps the gut in form by preventing any kind of leaky problem.